I hardly ever go out with friends on the weekends. I had a dinner date three nights this week. Well Saturday night was CrossFit Ladies’ Night! Yep, we had an out of the box gathering! Some drinking occurred, which in turn created some dancing and craziness. It was nice to see everyone out of workout clothes and into civilization. Plus the FOOD! Yum!
Here is a pretty quick Zoned & Primal (cuz I lurv cheese!) Appetizer. As with anything that you are making in bulk, there is going to be some room of error. However, if you are REALLY wanting to be exact make sure to measure. I will give measurements below!!
Pepper Poppers (1P, 1C, 1F)
- Sweet Mini Peppers (~6-7 halves)
- Goat Cheese (1 oz)
- Cut Peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Fill each half with Goat Cheese, and place on a cookie sheet.
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil over the peppers.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
Optional Pesto (1-2F)
- 1 c. cilantro
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2/3 c. walnuts
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1 T. fresh orange juice
- Put all of the above ingredients in a blender and puree.
- I only put a very small amount on my peppers. It’s a little high in fat per block depending on how much you use, but still keeps you fairly close. I put about 1/8-1/4 of a tsp on each pepper. But if you are trying to watch your fats, these are great without the pesto. So it’s totally up to you!!