Nothing says caveman like a big ol’ slab of meat! We usually grill our steak really simple with a bit of rub and that’s it. Nothing fancy! Well, I decided I’d try a little something different and went with a marinade. It’s still pretty simple, but takes a tad more time as it has to sit for an additional 20 minutes. It was definitely worth the wait! I paired this with sweet potato cakes and baked asparagus to get this to 4 blocks.
This photo is of my husband’s plate. He loves steak and wasn’t about to let me mutilate it to get it to 4 oz. It is on the large side, I know.
Serves 4 ~ 2-4P, .25C, 1F (Protein is dependent upon final cooked steak size. 1 oz. per block ~ weigh to be more accurate)
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1/4 c. Worcheshire Sauce
- 1/4 c. Soy Sauce or Coconut Amnios
- 1/4 c. Balsamic Vinegar or Apple Cidar Vinegar
- 2 tsp. garlic
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a baggie or airtight covered container and mix well.
- Add steak to the marinade and shake until steak is completely covered.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Remove steaks from marinade and grill to desired doneness.