This week’s theme: 7 days of Oatmeal. Every variety and option under the zoning sun! One each day this week!
The thing about writing a blog is that you sometimes have to make sacrifices! That’s right people! I have this long list of recipes that I zoned and love, but did I take a picture of it? Heck NO! And while I write this post it’s grey and gross and snowing! ICK! I think mother nature forgot about Wyoming! My point here is that I ate breakfast for every meal today! Yep, that’s right! I had this particular oatmeal for lunch so that I could get a great picture. And then had Banana Vanilla Bean Pancakes for dinner (Read the post people! This one is FABULOUS!). I guess this is the life of a blogger. Making sacrifices! But I do it because I love all of you!!
I also had to add this little saying! I hope you have a fabulous week and take care of your body!!
Now I know you Paleo eaters out there do NOT do oatmeal, but it is allowed on the Zone and is one of my favorite breakfast meals!! I eat it almost every morning for breakfast! *Remember me? Boring & Predictable??* Here is what my breakfast bowl looks like on most mornings:
Chocolate Berry Oatmeal
Serves 1 ~ 3 Blocks
- 1/2 c. dry oatmeal (NOT instant!!)
- 1/2-3/4 c. water (to your liking…more if you like it watery! I prefer mine a tad more sticky!)
- 1/2 c. frozen or fresh berries (I use frozen….I live in Wyoming remember!)
- 1/3 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp walnuts
- 1/2 c. cottage cheese (on the side!)
- Place dry oatmeal in a bowl and add water
- Cook in the microwave for 2:30 minutes.
- Add vanilla & cinnamon
- Add Protein Powder
- Add Chia seeds
- Sprinkle berries on top & add walnuts
- Stir oatmeal until mixed
- Put cottage cheese in small bowl.
- Consume & Enjoy!!
For a 4 block meal: Add 1/4 c. oatmeal, 1/3 scoop Protein Powder, and 1/2 tsp walnuts.