Today’s feature is SUPER easy! Like stupid super easy folks!! I have a disclaimer for you though!! I intended to make this out of sweet potato tots, but I didn’t have any. And quite frankly didn’t want to go to the store for the 3rd time that day. You know you’ve all done it. Or had to go to several stores just to get what’s on your list. I had had it! So, I improvised and used what I had. Hubs gave it two thumbs up!
First you start out with about 15 sweet potato tots. You could also used mashed cauliflower in place of the tots…just spray foil really good.
Next add your fresh or frozen veggies. I purchased a bag of frozen veggies, and forgot that I had them. I used fresh here, but my original plan was to use the frozen version to make this even easier. Can ya tell I wasn’t in my element that day? Too many things on my to do list = blonde moments!!
Cook your burger, add to the tots and sprinkle with cheese.
Now comes the tricky part. You need to fold like so to make sure you have a nice seal.
Fold up the ends.
Place on the grill, grate, or fire.
Cook for about 15 minutes.
Top with salsa & avocados, and enjoy!!
Cowboy Shepherd’s Pie
Serves 1 ~ 4P, 4C, 4F
- 12-18 sweet potato tots (you can use reg. potato tots if’n you want to as well) ~12= 2C, 18= 3C
- Fresh or Frozen Veggies of your choice (1-1.5C worth)
- Ground burger, seasoned (4.5 oz. ~ 3P)
- 1 oz. Cheese (1P)
- 1/2 cup salsa (1C)
- Avocado (4F)
- **Use mashed cauliflower in place of the tots if you are trying to stay away from the undesirables.**
- Grease foil with cooking spray.
- Place tots on foil.
- Add veggies, meat, and cheese.
- Fold foil up tightly and place on grill, grate, or coals for approximately 15 minutes or until potatoes are warm.
- Top with salsa & avocado.