Another fun and gourmet fruit grilling opportunity. Grilled pears with brie cheese and pecans! Yummo! These are delicious! These are just as fabulous without the Brie! Some peeps just aren’t Brie lovers (crazies!), so switch out the cheese or eliminate it! The best part is, you get to choose! These also make a great summer grilled treat!
Here’s what you’ll need (minus the butter!) I took this before my first trial (which only took 3 times…pretty good frankly!) and I don’t think it needs butter. But you’re welcome to add it if you are so inclined!
Cut the pears in half and remove the pits like so….I used a melon baller, which worked perfect!
Sprinkle with cinnamon, and add 1/2 tsp. brown sugar to each side.
Add pecans to the center of each.
This is the size of 1 oz. of brie cheese. Cut and put to the side.
Put pear halves together and wrap in foil.
Place on grill and cook for 5-8 minutes or until soft.
After it comes off the grill, unwrap and place on plate.
Top with brie and let sit 1 minute…or not.
Grilled Cinnamon Pears
Serves 2 ~ 1P, 1.3C, 1.1F (for half a pear)
- 1 pear, cut in half with core removed
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 tsp. pecans, chopped
- 1 oz. Brie cheese
- Cut pear in half and remove core.
- Sprinkle both pear halves with cinnamon, and sugar.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans in the center of the pear.
- Put both halves together and wrap in foil.
- Place on the grill and cook 5-8 minutes or until soft.
- Put brie on top of each pear half, and let sit 1 min.