Schoooools Out for Summa! It’s the last day of school here in Laradise. And its time for pool days, bike rides, going to the park, and having fun. Which means this momma wants some quick and easy meals! YES Please!! Salads definitely fit the bill. Plus, they are light and delicious on those hot summer days!!
Also, Father’s Day is just around the corner ladies! Get a Traeger Grill for him. They are seriously the best grilling machines on the planet!! I finally convinced The Kilmer’s to get one! It’s kind of like the masculine crockpot! Just throw it on there, and voila. Instant meal! So let them boys have at it and grill away, which leaves us ladies more time to read a book, take a nap, or paint our toes. Hahahaha! I’m funny I know. What I really meant to say was it gives you more time to clean the house. Plus grilling means less dishes!!! I’m ALL for that!!
This salad is definitely prettier with everything on top! But I like to toss mine to combine all the flavors! Delicious! So light & tasty! You could also swap the lime dressing for a flavored vinegar & oil combo (lemon vinegar & garlic oil or honey ginger vinegar & cilantro/roasted onion oil). The Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Company in Ft. Collins has some great vinegars. One Tbsp has 3g. of carbs. Not to shabby. And their garlic or basil olive oils would be a nice addition to this salad as well. Then add 1/2 tsp. of Dijon mustard for some kick! I’m telling ya it’s da’ bomb!!
So, I added corn & garbanzo beans to this salad, but it can easily be swapped for more favorable carbs like green peppers or sprouts.
Serves 1 ~ 3P, 3C, 3F
- 2 c. chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 c. roma tomato, diced
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon or 6 turkey bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1/8 c. green onions, diced
- 1/4 c. garbanzo beans (optional) (1C)
- 1/4 c. sweet corn (optional)(1C)
- 1/4 c. feta, crumbled
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lime, salt, and pepper. Whisk together well. Set aside.
- Place iceberg lettuce into bowl, and chopped well.
- Add remaining ingredients. Feel free to substitute corn & beans for green peppers, sprouts, etc if you are trying to stay away from the unfavorables or are Paleo eaters.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss.
- Consume & Enjoy!
Original Source: BLT Chopped Salad with Corn, Feta, & Avocado