Four weeks and counting…..to my imminent death! Our Alaska venture is only 4 weeks away, and I think I may fail to survive these long runs!! It’s been stupid hot out. I’ve never had to deal with this heat before. I’ve always trained from March-May…which was perfect temperature wise. Well maybe not the snow on occasion, but this heat may do me in! But I will keep pushing on! Thankfully I haven’t really had any injuries as of yet. (Knocking on wood!) And the sheer fact that it’s ALASKA is keeping me going. Plus I have some pretty cool peeps who have been patiently running with me. You know who you are!
I suppose I’ll quit complaining about running for a moment and move on to the food. 🙂 This was gooood! And kid approved! Can’t beat that! Four thumbs up from my kiddos, so that’s saying something!! Quick note: You have to be careful when you turn these puppies! Try to pat fish with a paper towel to decrease the moisture a tad….otherwise the crust tends to fall off.
Almond Crusted Fish
Serving Size 1.25 oz. of fish per block w/ crust = 1P, ~2F
- 42 grams of Natural Almond Flour (used for 4 fish fillets) ~ Blanched would work as well, but Natural is better!!
- 4 fish fillet (orange roughy, cod, mahi mahi, etc)
- 1 egg whisked
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or butter (also for 4 fish fillets ~ fat values will vary depending on how much you use. I tried to fry it very lightly)
- In a bowl, whisk egg. Set aside.
- Rinse fish and heat skillet with olive oil
- Coat fish with egg, and bread with almond flour on both sides.
- Cook fish, turning frequently for about 5 minutes or until done.
- Serve with your favorite side.