Oh man has it been a stressful few weeks! I am headed out for a much needed vacation today! Whoop Whoop! I’m headed to the Oyster Ridge Festival in Kemmerer, WY to party it up with the class of 1993. *GASP!* I can’t believe it’s my 20 year class reunion. How did I get so old?? I remember attending my parents 20th and doing a dance routine for them with my girlfriend. We were in Jr. High then. Time flies! You don’t believe that when you’re young, because you just can’t wait to get older. Granted, I wouldn’t want to go back to that age at all! But I’m excited to go back in time and see some awesome peeps! Should be a grand ol’ time!!
After partying hard, we are road-tripping up to Montana to Flathead Lake & Glacier National Park. I’ve never been there before, but I’ve heard it’s beautiful!! We are also going white river rafting. Can’t wait! So I’m leaving you with something sweet and tangy.
These are sinful! Seriously folks! I think I could eat the whole batch!
Make sure to get unsweetened dried cherries! Big Hollow has them in bulk.
Orange Cherry Scones with Zesty Orange Glaze
Makes 30 ~ .5P, .5C, 2.6F per scone
- 2.5c Blanched Almond Flour (MUST be blanched)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 c. + 1 tsp. grapeseed oil
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 Tbsp. Simply Orange Juice or freshly squeezed orange juice
- Zest from 2/3rds of an orange (keep the remaining 1/3 for glaze)
- 50 grams dried unsweetened cherries, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, salt, orange zest, and baking soda.
- In a separate, medium bowl, whisk together the grapeseed oil, honey, sugar free syrup, eggs, orange juice, and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in chopped cherries.
- Drop the batter, in tablespoons, onto the parchment paper. A tablespoon ice cream scooper works best for this!
- Bake 9-11 minutes, until the scones are golden brown or a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove scones from baking sheet and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Let scones rest for 30 minutes on cooling rack before serving.
While the scones are resting, make orange glaze.
Zesty Orange Glaze
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil (must be solid)
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1 tsp. orange juice
- pinch of salt
- Zest from 1/3 of an orange
- Combine all ingredients.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Place in a Ziploc baggie and set aside in refrigerator. Take out of the refrigerator about 10 minutes before drizzling onto scones.
- Once scones have cooled, clip corner of the bag and drizzle glaze over scones with a back and forth motion. I usually place some paper towels under my cooling rack, as a lot of the glaze will drizzle to the counter.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.