Hello from Montana!! I hope y’all are having a great week! Plus it’s almost Friday! Doesn’t get better than that!
This sweet potato hash makes a great breakfast or dinner choice. I hope you enjoy it!!
Mexican Sweet Potato Hash
Serves 6 ~ 3.16P, 2C, 1F
- 1 lb. ground burger
- 2 sweet potatoes, shredded
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 5 eggs, whisked
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 T. oil
- 1 – 14 oz. can enchilada sauce
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Get out an oven safe skillet (aka….cast iron skillet or you can transfer ingredients later to a casserole dish if needed)
- In a skillet, warm oil. Add onions and garlic. Sauté until soft.
- Add ground beef to onions and cook until done.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, paprika, and red pepper flakes to meat. Stir until combined well.
- Place shredded sweet potatoes on top of ground beef. Then pour enchilada sauce evenly over sweet potatoes.
- Cover, and cook on medium for about 8-10 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and pour on top.
- Stir all ingredients together well.
- Place skillet into oven or transfer to a casserole dish and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool about 5 minutes. Serve.
- Top with 1/2 c. salsa (1C) and avocado (F) to even out your meal.
Original inspiration: Tex Mex Hash Breakfast Casserole