Oh yes I did! Chocolate covered popsicles. Now I can’t take entire credit for these little numbers. The little Pinterest machine seriously helped with this one. I just used two recipe ideas (with very minor tweaks) and brought them together to make them Paleo. I didn’t bother zoning these because for 1. It’s mostly all carbs with a little fat and why mess with something that doesn’t need fixed. and 2. I was just being lazy people! There, I said it! 😛
But I will say, the chocolate magic hard shell is uuuuuuhhhmaazing! It’s not quite as “hard” as I would have hoped, but then again the kids didn’t take long before they slurped it right off (so who knows!) Enjoy! You’re kids will think you’re the best parent EVER!
Paleo Chocolate Covered Strawberry Popsicles
Serves 4 (I didn’t even bother with calculations (all carbs with a small amount of fat), but the kids will love it! Plus it’s basically just strawberries with a little bit of chocolate…so live a little!)
- 2.5 c. strawberries
- 1/3 c. water
- 2 Tbsps. honey (optional…depends on the sweetness of your strawberries)
- 1/2 c. coconut oil
- 1/2 c. cacao powder
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1 T. vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt
- In a blender, mix strawberries, water, and honey until smooth.
- Place into 4 popsicle molds.
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- While popsicles are freezing make chocolate dipping by combining coconut oil, cacao powder, 1/4 c. honey in a sauce pan. Mix until melted. Remove from heat and add vanilla and sea salt. Store in airtight container.
- Dip Popsicles just before serving or dip and freeze for an additional 15-25 minutes.
- You can also use the Paleo chocolate chips and add 1-2 Tbsp coconut oil and melt this to get the same effect.