Oh man I think I hit the jackpot here friends!! PEACH-A-LICIOUS! I originally was just going for a Paleo version of this recipe at first, and really wasn’t concerned about Zoning the numbers. After it got rave reviews, I decided to plug it in to see how far I was off on my numbers. To my surprise, it was practically Zoned (minus the fat of course because of the almond flour crust, but hey it’s close enough in my book!!)
Now this crust is not your traditional white flour crust. The recipe said to push it into a pie plate. Well, I broke the rules and decided to give rolling it out a try. It works best to roll in between two parchment pieces. You have to be fairly careful with it as it does break/crumble very easily. Just FYI!
Once I’ve arranged my peaches, I cut the dough into a circle around it.
Then I use the parchment paper to fold the ends in. *Remember the crust crumble bit!* This helps keep it together better. You may need to use a knife to help it from the paper. You can also press it neatly after it’s been folded over to help as well!!
Easy Peach Galette
Serves 6-8 ~ 8 slice version = 1.2P, 1.1C, 4.0F or 6 slice version = 1.6P, 1.5C, 6F
- 2 cups blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsps. Coconut Oil
- 1 egg
- In a food processor, combine almond flour and salt. Mix until extra smooth.
- Add oil and egg. Mix until it starts to form a ball.
- Place dough on parchment paper. Make a ball and flatten. Stick another sheet of paper over top, and roll out to desired thickness.
- Place on a cookie sheet.
- 2 large peaches or 3-4 small/medium peaches
- 1.5 Tbsps. Honey
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon + additional for garnish
- 1 Tbsp Butter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice peaches and place in a circular pattern in the center of the dough.
- Cut dough into a circle…leaving about 2-3″ of dough to fold over the peaches.
- Place honey and cinnamon in a small bowl, and heat in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds.
- Drizzle warm honey over peaches.
- Using the paper for assistance, begin to fold in the dough over the peaches. Use a knife to help loosen from the paper.
- Press dough together in areas where it may have torn or crumbled.
- Cut butter into small pieces and place around the peaches.
- Sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve and Devour!