I just have to say that this Dessert Ban may likely kill me!! I’m having a really hard time with it! Everyone gets more excited about treats than they do boring ol’ dinner choices. Especially after my 1,587,923rd Italian posts. So I’ve been bringing treats to let everyone know that I haven’t lost my sweet tooth or desire for making baked good. But it’s backfiring on me!! Like there may be a revolution if I don’t post some recipes STAT (cinnamon rolls, cookie dough bites, chunky monkey muffins….). I promise they will appear soon!
So once again we have another Italian dinner option for you. I’ve always loved anything parmigiana, so why not try to Zone it. I baked this to keep it lower on the Fat factor, but frying it up with a little bacon fat or olive oil would be quite tasty as well! Enjoy!
Baked Eggplant Parmigiana
Serves 4-5 ~ 2.7P, 1.2C, 3.2F
- One Eggplant, sliced
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. Coconut Flour
- 1 c. Almond Flour
- 1 c. mozzarella (optional)
- 1/2 c. marinara sauce
- Place each eggplant slice in coconut flour, lightly coating them.
- Coat each slice in egg.
- Coat each slice in Almond Flour and place in a greased 9×13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Top each slice with 1 Tbsp. of marinara sauce.
- Top with 1.5 Tbsp. mozzarella.
- Bake an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Serve on top of 1/2 c. Marinara & 1 c. Spaghetti Squash (add 1.5C, 2F). Fat depends on marinara…I used an all natural sauce that had some higher fat content, but homemade marinara will lower the fat content dramatically!! So, these numbers are on the “close-enough” camp!! Also, feel free to add more cheese to balance out the protein.