Spaghetti squash month continues. And I was feeling a bit adventurous with this little number, but it was a nice change to the casserole style dishes I’ve been making of late. This makes a perfect side to your chunk of meat, and is quick and easy. It might also be nice with some pine nuts added to it!
Lemon Herb Sautéed Spaghetti Squash
Serves 3-4 (3/4 cup serving) ~ 1C, 2F
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, cooked and shredded
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 – 1.5 c. onion, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp. lemon juice (I like mine a little tangy, but hubs would have like it less lemony….go with 1 Tbsp. and add more if desired!)
- 1 1/2 tsp. parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Cook spaghetti squash and shred innards. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil and sauté onions until they are translucent.
- Add spaghetti squash and sauté for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, and spices. Sauté for an additional 2 minutes