I have a serious confession to make! I’ve had this cookie recipe ready and drafted since October. Yes, that’s like 6 months ago. Doh! It was about the time I was put on a dessert ban. It’s been sitting here just waiting to be posted! And what better way to use it than to bail out my dear friend Janelle who has been drowning in work.
I made a double batch of these at the time. They were gone quickly.
I just might have to make some soon! Mmmmm!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 24 cookies ~ 1.5P, 1.5C, 4F
- ½ cup butter or palm shortening, softened
- ¼ cup coconut oil, softened
- ¾ cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 1¼ cups Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- ⅔ cup toasted walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, coconut oil, and brown sugar. Add the vanilla and eggs, mixing until incorporated.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Add the almond flour, 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts with a wooden spoon.
- orm the dough into tablespoon rounds and place on the lined baking sheet about 3 inches apart. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until golden brown around edges. Cool and enjoy!
Original Inspiration: Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookies