Don’t you hate it when things get posted BEFORE they are supposed to. Ooops!
Can I just say that the weather sucks! I’m so tired of the wind. I think Wyoming has blown away to Kansas or something. Sheesh mother nature! Anyway, here’s a springy recipe to get you into the spirit!
This is such a yummy, simple recipe! Seriously! Plus if the kids don’t want the topping, they can have it without and it won’t make you mad!! Trust me! I’ve heard every complaint and whine about dinner in the book. Now tack on trying new things…you’d think I’d grown 3 heads or something!
Serves 4 ~ 3P, 1C, 1F (P calculations is for a 3 oz. chicken breast)
- 4 chicken breasts (3-4 oz. depending on your block requirements,)
- 5 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar (I used Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Company ~ Fig Balsamic)
- 1/8. tsp sea salt
- 1/3 c. basil, chopped
- Season and grill chicken breasts.
- While chicken is cooking, chop remaining ingredients.
- Combine all chopped ingredients into in a bowl and stir well.
- Refrigerate until chicken is ready to be served and spoon 1/3 c. of bruschetta over top of the chicken.
Original Recipe: Bruschetta Chicken