It’s ALMOST FRIDAY! Whoot Whoot! I’m so looking forward to the weekend. We are heading down to Ft. Collins to get our family portraits taken. I’m praying the weather holds out for us and we don’t get any thunderstorms in the evening. I think I might cry if we have to reschedule because it’s almost like pulling teeth to get the family doing this.
Our family loves lamb! It’s definitely an acquired taste, but man is it tasty! We usually ate our lamb in chops or roasts, but this year we opted to get some burger, and these are DIVINE! The hubs cooked these on the grill last night and literally tried to burn the house down. The flames were getting so hot that our deck sorta charred. Doh!! We were going for the wood smoked flavor anyway! 😉 Try these if you dare!!
I realize these are not strict Paleo with the Feta, but if you can have some I say go for it! The dip also has some sunflower oil, but it is very minimal!
Artichoke Dip Feta Lamb Burgers
Serving Size ~ 1 – 4 oz. burger ~ 4P, 0.3C, 4F
- 1.5 lbs. ground lamb
- 1 c. crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. seasoning (I used Traeger Souvlaki Seasoning, but Cavander’s Seasoning would be nice as well)
- 2 Tbsp. artichoke Dip (Reese Brand – it’s all natural ingredients) ~ subtract 0.3C & 1F if you eliminate this.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground lamb, feta, and seasoning. Mix well.
- Form into patties.
- Grill patties until done. Word to the wise! Lamb has a tendency to create FLAMES!! Keep heat lower!
- Place burger on a plate and top with Artichoke Dip and serve with your favorite carb side!
Here’s the picture of the seasoning & dip I used.