Heading to Jackson this weekend and needed something to post ASAP! I found this lil’ number that I made quite a while back that’s been sitting in my drafts folder forever! Doh! These have quite a few ingredients, but they are amazingly similar to the real deal! You can use sausage or bacon with the egg. I used turkey sausage for this one, but any breakfast meat will do!! Make these people! You won’t regret it!!
McGriddle Pancake Buns
Makes 10 Buns (or 20 cakes) ~ 1P, 1C, 4F (for two buns only!)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c. of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 Tbsp. canned coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. coconut nectar
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp. carbonated water
- 1.5 tsp. vanilla
- 1.75 c. sifted blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- Heat a medium sized pan or skillet on low heat while you prepare the pancake batter.
- Put the eggs in a food processor or blender and mix.
- Then add the wet ingredients: almond milk, coconut milk, coconut nectar, maple syrup, coconut oil, carbonated water, vanilla extract and mix again.
- Now add the remaining dry ingredients: almond flour, baking powder, sea salt, and cinnamon. Mix until combined.
- Coat the pan with your choice of anti-stick coating or spray, I used coconut oil.
- Pour batter into an Egg/Pancake Ring or I used the ring of a mason canning jar which work well also. Just fill with 1/4 c. batter and let the pancake cook. When it starts to bubble at the top lightly lift the ring, if any batter starts to seep out the bottom, let it cook longer. Then use a spatula to flip it over once it’s ready. After you’re done cooking the pancake buns, set aside and start making your egg patty, sausage and/or bacon. I also used the mason jar ring to cook the egg to keep it the right size.
Original Recipe: Paleo McGriddles