Attempting to come out of hiding today! Lucky you! 😉 My life has turned into a sports-a-thon. Both of my girls are official Jr. Highers and in sports. Trying to get both here and there and me everywhere is somewhat of a challenge, but I’m loving it.
As far as the food blog world, I have to confess that I haven’t done much baking/cooking this summer. Mostly grilling meats with various sides. Easy peasy! I did however try my hand at making homemade Larabars. How stupid easy is that? Who knew. And cheaper. Now, these DO have some carbs in them for sure, but would make a great after workout snack with some string cheese or something. This batch makes 16 bars….cutting them into 8 LONG bars and then in half. Enjoy!
The individual bar is a full sized bar. I ended up cutting them in half from here to make 16 bars.
Chocolate Brownie Larabars
Serves 16 ~ 2C, 1F
- 1/4 cup walnuts pieces
- 1/4 cup whole almonds
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cupnunsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups dried pitted dates
- In a food processor, pulse the almonds and walnuts into very fine pieces.
- Pour the nuts mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Now, place the dates into the food processor and pulse until paste forms. Add the nuts, mini chocolate chips, cocoa and salt. Pulse a few more times until well combined.
- Scrape the mixture and press in plastic wrap about 8×11 in size.. Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours until set.
- When set, take out of the fridge.
- Slice into 16 bars.
- Keep in a air-tight container in the fridge or freezer. I individually wrapped mine in plastic wrap to store.
Original Recipe: Chocolate Chip Brownie Bars